Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cookie Monster Reece

Reece is spending the night. :o) I just love typing that.

Josh's current ride broke down yesterday down the street from my house, so he had the afternoon off to try to fix it. (No luck, it's probably going to have to be towed to a mechanic). I picked him and Reece up on my way back from Mom's.

We ran a couple of errands and stopped for lunch at McD's, then came back to "Gramma's house," which is what Reece was clamoring to do the whole time. He could hardly wait to get here. :o)

We played with his toys, read books, watched Bob the Builder and Pingu. He had a scrambled egg with cheese and an apple for dinner (his choices), then spent some time outside while Papa cleaned the pool filters. Reece loves to go up on the second story deck, and to swing in his swing in the live oak.

He played so hard and didn't want to come inside, so I told him he could take a bath. He loves to take a bath. He was pretty grubby by then, so he needed one.

After his bath we made oatmeal cookies because he wanted cookies and I was out. I pulled a chair up to the counter so that he could watch and help, and he loved it. We made a huge mess, but it was fun! I think he liked the cookie dough better than the cookies. Look at that expression. :o)

When the cookies were baked he started singing, "C is for cookie" in a Cookie Monster voice. I think he picked up every cookie from the first batch, tasting a few.

After we baked all the cookies (and ate some) he found some of his new books, and we took them upstairs. I read three of them, turned off the light and he was sleeping like an angel in five minutes.

I love being Grammama.

No comments: