Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thrift Store Treasures

It's been a busy Tuesday. I was up early so that I could call my mom's dentist and get to the grocery store before I went to her place.

On the way home from Mom's I stopped at the thrift store. I'm looking for large jars with lids to use in my pantry. I didn't have any luck finding those, but I did find two cute dresses for Aubrey and about a dozen books for Reece.

Oh, and those cute little white bowls are for Josh and Cyrise. We like small dishes for ketchup and other sauces. They would also work for ice cream or other desserts.

The little dresses were half price (orange tags were 50 percent off today), so the pink Sweet Ivy dress was $1.50 and the darling Zoey dress $2.00. They are too big for Aubrey right now, but they will fit her next summer.

I know that Reece will like the books. He already has Goodnight Moon, but it's at his house. This one will stay at Gramma's. :o) And I found the companion book, My World. They were 45 cents each, as were most of the other books. The most expensive one was The Baby's Lap Book for 99 cents. It is a hardcover book of nursery rhymes with beautiful, charming pictures that Reece will love, and it's in perfect condition.

He is coming to spend the night with me tonight, and I'm excited to show him the "new" books. :o) We are having chicken jambalaya for dinner, and I think we will make some oatmeal cookies and go for a walk around the block.

No comments: