Monday, September 22, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
A blue jay making a racket in the live oak tree in our back yard, blue skies, fluffy white clouds, green trees. It's a pretty day, but hot.

I am thinking...
that Ron is probably in Colorado by now. He just got home Wednesday evening after two and a half weeks away, and flew out again today. This time he will only be gone until Thursday, though.

I am thankful for...
the time I got to spend with Jason and his family.

From the kitchen...
Cool Mint Oreos.

I am wearing...
Blue and black plaid capris, a black top, bare feet.

I am creating...
Still working on Aubrey's blanket. I keep starting over. I hate circular needles.

I am going...
Nowhere. I've already done my running around for today.

I am reading...
A Southern Living Cookbook.

I am hoping...
that the transmission is not going out in my car.

I am hearing...
the sound of silence.

Around the house...
sheets and towels to be washed after the kid's visit, carpets to be vacuumed and floors to be mopped. I'm in no hurry. :o)

One of my favorite things...
the smell of bread baking.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Plant my onion sets, pepper plant and tomato for my fall garden.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
















Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to join other bloggers sharing their daybooks.

No comments: