Friday, September 12, 2008

I Love My Grandkids!

Jason decided to get his family out of the path of the hurricane, so tonight I have sleeping grandbabies in every bedroom and my heart is happy.

They arrived around 7:30 PM (Thursday). It took them about an hour longer than usual to get here, due to the traffic on I-10. (I was wrong. Jason said it took them 5 1/2 to 6 hours from the time they left their house). Reece was spending the night, so he's here, too. He loves to be with his cousins and is crazy about his Uncle Jason.

It's been fun watching them all together, playing and laughing and talking to me about all kinds of interesting things. The only grand missing was baby Aubrey. I can hardly wait until she is old enough to spend the night and have tea parties with Lyssa and Lily (and me).

Tonight I had three boys listening to Where The Wild Things Are at bedtime. Jacob, who will be four years old next month pronounced it "weird." But he was happy to listen to it twice, and examine all of the pictures. :o) His big brother Caelen listened too, rolling his terrible eyes, gnashing his terrible teeth, and showing his terrible claws along with the Wild Things, to the delight of the little boys.

It's a relief to have them all here out of harm's way. So tonight I am not rattling around like a ghost in this house. There are eight of us here and it feels very nice, even though they are all asleep. :o)

Prayers continue for all in the path of Hurricane Ike.

1 comment:

Therese said...

how wonderful to have all your grandchildren there with you Kalona. I hope Ike doesn't do too much damage.

I love the story Where the wild things are.