Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Birthday Celebration

My Mom's birthday was Friday, September 5, but we celebrated it today, September 6, because my sister came for the weekend.

Sandi and I took Mom to Pappadeaux's for lunch. We all enjoyed fresh seafood. After lunch we picked up Chuy at Mom's apartment, then picked up Reece because I had his car seat in my car, and came back to my house. Sandi took a quick catnap before everyone else arrived. Josh, Cyrise and Aubrey arrived around 3:30, and Kelly, Mike and Darcy a short time after that. Kelly brought the birthday cake.

We had cake and ice cream and Mom opened her gifts. Reece was very interested in her birthday cake. :o) He didn't really eat much of it, but he thought it was pretty and wanted to touch it. Mom had a good time, and it was fun to be together, talking, laughing, looking at pictures, watching the dogs play and loving the babies.

After everyone left, Sandi and I took Mom to get her hair cut, so she looks a little different now than the picture shows. Isn't she a cutie?

No comments: