Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday Chitchat

We have another new baby in our family! Little Allie Brooklyn was born this morning to my nephew and his wife. She is so beautiful, and her Gramma Johnnie is on cloud 9. Happy Birthday, baby girl, and may God bless you always.

Great-Gran now has 13 great-grandchildren! She was so happy to hear the wonderful news.

I've had a pleasant day. Gran's hip is fine now, thank goodness. She said that she had "...a taste for something, but I don't know what," so we went out for lunch today. She decided on tacos and enjoyed them very much. I stayed at her place until around 2:30, then stopped at the thrift store on the way home.

I didn't find much at the thrift store, just some capri pants for me for summer and a few educational activity items for Reece and the girls. I never know if they are going to help, but I figure that they are so inexpensive it won't hurt to try. There's a box of flannel board stories, a wooden 3D train puzzle, a box of "pictures that rhyme," and a box called "Form-A-Sound" that helps teach phonics.

I was checking my container garden when I came across this interesting looking bug. I thought it was a cricket, but it was super small. Looking online, it might be an assassin bug. I don't know what the heck it is, but I hope it doesn't eat my tomato plant.

I'm looking forward to Friday. Ron will be home from Colorado, and Reece and Camryn will be spending the night. Their mommy is getting some things ready for the community garage sale their town is having this weekend. Maybe I'll find some things to take over there to sell, too.

No comments: