Sunday, October 10, 2010

This And That

Ron took a picture of one of our climbing peace roses today. Isn't it pretty? There are buds all over the bush; I guess it likes the cooler weather. They smell so good, too.

We went to the hospital this morning for blood tests. I did wind up getting a platelet transfusion, which was no surprise. I don't have to go back until Wednesday.

We left there around noon and went to Mom's. It's nice to have her home again. She and Sandi went with us to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Sandi had to go back home this afternoon, so we didn't get to spend much time with her.

Teddy looks so cute with his new haircut. I'm sure he is happy to be home again, too, but I think he's going to miss Kelly and her dogs. Kelly is already making plans to bring Hunter to visit him. :o)

There is a lady who had her stem cell transplant a couple of weeks before I had mine; I see her often when I'm at the hospital. We had a chance to talk for awhile today, and I am relieved to know that what I'm experiencing seems to be common. As she talked, I could relate to nearly everything she said has happened to her. I was especially concerned about my low energy level and constant fatigue, even though the doctors keep telling me that is to be expected. But she is going through the same thing. She also mentioned how food doesn't taste right, and the constant queasy feeling, which along with the fatigue are my main complaints. Although I hate that she is experiencing these things, too, it comforts me to know that someone else understands exactly what I'm talking about.

The funny thing about Mrs. S is that the nurses are always getting us mixed up. I have to make sure they don't have her name on my lab work. She said they are always calling her by my name, too. I guess I can understand why--we're both short, smallish, bald ladies, about the same age, we dress similarly, and have the same kind of disposition.

I played frisbee with the puppies for a little while this evening. They never want to stop playing, once we get started. I sat on the patio with them while they ate their dinner. They're in their kennel now, happy to be inside. They will probably go out one more time tonight, but for now they are snoozing and content.

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend!


Angela M. said...

Still praying!

Kalona said...

Thank you, sweet Angela. I know I can always count on your prayers.

Linda said...

I have a climbing peace rose too. It bloomed beautifully in the spring, but has not bloomed in months. I don't know why! This happens every year though. :(
Hugs to you.