Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Good Day

No transfusions again, today. My labs look good--my counts are still low, but slowly going up, so my doctors are happy with my progress.

Ron dropped me off at the hospital this morning, but Kelly picked me up and brought me home. We met Ron and his friend Matt at lunch time when I realized I didn't have the house key. They ordered lunch for us, so when we arrived at the restaurant we were able to just sit down with them and the food came immediately. Ron and Matt left before Kelly and I finished because they needed to get back to work. We enjoyed our "surprise lunch" very much, though. And I got the house key. :o)

Kelly vacuumed the family room and stairs when we got to my house, and swept the breakfast room. I sat out on the patio. I'm not supposed to do any housecleaning for at least 6 months, and am supposed to be out of the room when anyone is vacuuming. I haven't found a housecleaner yet, but I'm going to have to do it soon. It's hard to keep myself from dusting or sweeping up dog hair. I do wear a mask if I have to do something like that, but I'm taking a chance even then, so I try not to stir up dirt and bacteria. Thank you, sweet Kel, for helping me out today!

Kelly left around 3:30 and I had a nap. Josh came by to bring Ron's lawnmower back, so I got to see him for a few minutes. Now I'm heating one of K's wonderful casseroles in the oven. It smells so good! We're eating late tonight because neither of us was hungry until now after the big lunch.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

Each day brings a bit more good news from you...

YEAH!!!!! :-) :-)