Sunday, October 17, 2010

Catching Up

(Flowers for me from Ron's co-workers. They are so pretty).

Friday morning: at the hospital for labs. Didn't need a transfusion of any kind, although my platelets are still too low. I don't have to go back until Monday morning.

Friday evening: Reece spent the night. :o) He was so happy to be here. We got out the few Halloween decorations I have and that just made his day.

Reecism: He was looking through the container of cookie cutters and came across a detailed turkey with a wattle and fanned out tail. He said to me, "What is that?" and I said, "What do you think it is?" He studied it for a minute and then said, "Is that a cock-a-do?" :o) :o) :o) I just love the things he says.

Saturday: We went to see Great-Gran. Reece had not seen her since she came back from Sandi's, and he was so excited. They had fun playing together. We made Gran some lunch and left her eating chicken and rice soup.

The rest of Saturday was pretty quiet. I didn't feel well for most of the day. I'll be so glad when all of this is over. I never know if the day is going to be good or bad.

Sunday morning: Reece's other grandpa has been in Rockport for a couple of weeks, and he wants the kids to come down there for a few days. Josh was able to get a couple of days off, so they are leaving to go down there today. Reece loves going to Rockport, so I know that he must be so excited! They are coming by here on their way to pick up some things, so maybe I'll get to hug Reece and the little girls good-bye.

I thought we would go to Mass today, but one of my nurses said that there are so many sick people that if I go I should wear a mask. I don't think I'll go. I've avoided crowds since my transplant, and I don't want to take any chances. I know I'm a little paranoid about germs and bacteria, but better safe then sorry.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah Oldham said...

You definitely are safer to be safer than sorry. ;) Stay well. Keep them grands close by so you have loads of love w/in reach.
Hugs to you,
Sarah
P.S. wonderful news about Finn - I'll bet it's fantastic being a grandmum! Tell your sister congratulations.