Monday, October 4, 2010

Day of Rest

(Pics that make me smile). :o)

No transfusions again today, hooray! I was done at the hospital by 10 AM, and I don't have to go every day this week, but only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They believe that my platelet cells have ingrafted now, since they increased since Saturday with no transfusion. Now if I could just get my energy back, things would be wonderful. I still get tired so quickly, and just don't feel quite right, but they expect that to last for the next several months. Oh well, day by day, little by little, things are getting better. :o)

We wound up not going to Mass yesterday. Ron didn't think it was a good idea, especially since I had a sore throat. That is much better today, though.

We took the puppies to be groomed at 2:15 and picked them up at 5:15. They look so pretty and smell much better. I think we're going to take them once a month. They are outdoors so much during the day, and often nap under a bush in the dirt, so they get pretty dirty. We are thinking about making or buying them Karunda beds, so they won't be lying right in the dirt. Kelly told me about them, and they're pretty cool.

I've just watched HGTV and napped all day since Ron brought me home. I did go outside for a few minutes, and the weather is so cool and beautiful. My sweet olive tree is blooming and it smells wonderful! It always blooms when we have a little bit of cool weather.

Now Ron is home from work and I need to figure out what we're going to have for dinner later on. Hope you've had a great Monday!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm smiling ... I can tell you are feeling better - After all your little body has been through it is going to just take time to recover. I am so thankful! I know being at home has done so much for your well being too.
We went to Dallas and spent the weekend with Kori, Steve & Jonah. It was a quick trip but fun. Jonah is getting to be such a big boy. He is talking up a storm. He loves to lead me around and reminds me so much of Kori when she was a baby. He's a funny little guy!
I love you, Hugs from me & Mom, Sandi

MentalMom said...

hey you, I'm cooking up some food for you today. Call me and tell me when it would be a good time to drop it by.
news says the ragweed is high and getting to people. I bet that is your sore throat.

Kalona said...

Sandi and Mom, I'm glad you had fun in Dallas this weekend. I'm sure Jonah was thrilled to have you both there. He's such a sweetie.

K, I'll go upstairs now and look for your phone number. In case I don't find it, I'll be home all day, so anytime is fine to stop by. That is so sweet of you to cook for us! Thank you.

Yes, I suspect that the ragweed is what is causing my runny nose and sore throat, too. It's much better today.

Anonymous said...

I have to cut Jack's hair, feed max and change and then I'll head up your way. So we're looking at me arriving a little after 6PM probably.
Everything I'm bringing is freezeable.

Kalona said...

K, you are an angel. I'll see you soon, then. Thank you!

Kalona said...

Jane, thank you for the cough syrup info. I'd never heard of it before, but it sounds like it would work. My throat feels okay right now, but it might be a good idea to order some to have on hand for the winter. You are so thoughtful to pass on the information! :o)