Monday, June 1, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, June 1, 2009

Outside my window...

light blue sky with fluffy-looking clouds. It looks like a painting. Green trees and grass. The mountain laurel has formed seed pods.

I am thinking...
that June arrived all too quickly. My dad's birthday was June 4th. Lily and Reece have birthdays this month, and my twin nephews as well.

I am thankful...
for our new little granddaughter, Camryn.

From the kitchen...
cottage cheese and peaches for breakfast.

I am wearing...
black yoga pants, soft black smock top,bare feet, pony tail.

I am creating...
nothing new. I'm thinking of buying a new sewing machine. I have an old Kenmore we bought when we first got married, but it's in pretty bad shape.

I am going...
I've been to the airport to drop off Ron, will go to Mom's next. I'll take the groceries I got for her last night. Then I'll pick up Cyrise and the kids to take her to her appointment.

I am hearing...
the air conditioner running, running, running.

Around the house...
my office needs to be de-cluttered again.

One of my favorite things...
taking pictures.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
I need to get flowers to plant in my front flowerbed and some for a couple of empty hanging baskets for the patio.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing.



This is the first little pocketshrine I ever made.











I made it a few years ago, in memory of my dad. Dad loved nature. He enjoyed fishing, and loved birds, especially cardinals.







I gave the pocketshrine to my youngest sister after she saw it and wanted it. I promised my middle sister that I would make one for her, too. I should really get started on that.




If you would like to read the daybooks of other bloggers, please go to Peggy's site. Thanks!

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

That pocket shrine is just lovely! Thanks for letting me read about your day!

Kalona said...

Thank you, JoAnn!