Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lazy Summer Saturday

It's been a lazy Saturday for me. Reece spent the night. We got up and had waffles for breakfast, then went to see Great Gran and Teddy. Reece loves my mom so much, and she is crazy about him. He takes her out onto the patio, and I'm not allowed to join them. He wants her all to himself. :o) It is wonderful to watch them together.

I took a long nap this afternoon and woke up to find Ron grilling ribeye steaks for dinner. They were delicious.

It was pleasant in the backyard, in spite of the ninety degree heat because a breeze is blowing, things continue to grow and bloom and the pool's been clear and clean since the new filter system was installed.

The braided hibiscus that Kelly gave me last year for Mother's Day has bloomed all year, even during the winter! I have enjoyed it so much.

The Black Spanish grapes continue to grow, too. Soon they will turn dark purple and the mockingbirds will be gorging on them.

My tomato plants are still bearing. The tomatoes are not very big, but they are so good. Yesterday Josh brought me some green beans, zucchini and cucumbers grown by one of his co-workers. What a treat!

There are farmer's markets nearby at least 3 days a week. Kelly and I belong to an internet group that keeps us informed about when and where we can get fresh, organic, locally grown food. Good to know when you don't have a garden of your own.

Happy Summer!

No comments: