Monday, June 8, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, June 8, 2009

Outside my window...
big white clouds moving fast, birds flying against the wind.

I am thinking...
that I should have taken something out of the freezer to make for dinner, that the blind I ordered for Mom's patio door may arrive today.

I am thankful...
for Camryn's good report from her pediatrician. She weighs almost 5 lbs. now (gained back the 4 ounces she lost and then some). She also grew 3/4", and is now 18 3/4" long. The doctor was very pleased with how much she is eating.

From the kitchen...
almond granola bar, yogurt and iced tea for breakfast.

I am wearing...
jeans, gray v-neck tee, blue and black flipflops, red cluster earrings made by my daughter, Kelly.

I am creating...
nada.

I am going...
Mom and I went to Adoration, but only stayed for 40 minutes. Then I drove Cyrise and the kids to Camryn's doctor appointment this afternoon. Ron remembered to take the car and not the truck this morning. I needed the truck because it has the 3 car seats. We didn't take all of the kids in. I took Reece and Aubrey to get something to drink, then we waited in the truck for their mommy and Camryn.

I am hearing...
afternoon quiet.

Around the house...
laundry moved to the dryer, clean sheets to be put on the beds, floors to be mopped, litter box cleaned.

One of my favorite things...
the sound of the bells at the Consecration during Mass. Immanuel--God is with us.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Aubrey has PT on Wednesday, Mom has a dentist appointment on Thursday, and I'll go to the lab sometime this week. I just found out that my endocrinologist is leaving. That's the bad thing about military doctors; you find a good one and off they go to faraway places.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Three bebes in the back seat of the truck. Reece got a new booster seat, Aubrey moved into his old car seat, and Camryn is in Aubrey's old seat (she is in the middle and so tiny that you can't see her). I wish I'd win the lottery; I'd buy them a new van. :o)









Here's Reece with root beer and a dirty face as we waited in the parking lot at the doctor's office.








And happy Miss Blue Eyes.

They light up my life.

2 comments:

Therese said...

Aubrey is looking more and more like Reece everyday Kalona.

Kalona said...

I think so too, Therese. You can sure tell they are brother and sister. I think Camryn is going to look like them, too. :o)