Friday, June 5, 2009

Good Grief.

I have the knack for hiring fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants workers.

I got to Mom's around 2 PM to wait for the carpet cleaner. He called to say that he was across town and would be there around 3, which was our agreed on time. He said that we should have everything off the carpet because he didn't move furniture. So we moved everything except for the really big stuff, like the sofa, TV, bed and dresser.

When he showed up at 3, he did not think his equipment would reach to Mom's apartment. I said that I had asked about that when I called, and he said that since I told him she was on the ground floor he thought it would reach, so he didn't bring the other kind of equipment. But his hoses did reach, after all.

He said the other problem was that there were a lot of elderly people at the complex who might trip over the hoses, so could I stand out in the hallway and let him know if someone had trouble getting over them. He didn't want to be sued. I agreed to watch the hoses, and he went out to his van (which was pretty old) to start up his equipment. He tried for 20 minutes to get it started, and it just would not start. I finally told him that we could reschedule for next week, and he agreed and asked me to call him on Monday.

Mom and I had to move everything back. I haven't decided whether I will call him back or not. His price was good, but he just didn't seem very professional. We were disappointed, and her carpets are still dirty. :o(

I didn't get home until after 5 PM. Ron was home from Virginia, Josh had been here and trimmed the hedges some more and was in the pool when Ron showed up, but gone by the time I got here. But he brought Reece back over around 6, and we went swimming and had catfish for dinner. We laughed so much tonight; Reece was in a happy mood.

My sister called to let us know that my cousin's bypass surgery went well and she is resting, but her arteries are in bad shape and she may have emphysema. Please continue to pray for her complete recovery. Thank you!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: