Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mass, Puppies, and Fathers

It usually takes us 3 to 4 hours to pick up Mom, go to Mass, take her out to eat and back home, and get home again on Sunday. I didn't want to leave the puppies home alone in their crate for that long today, so I'm going to go to the NO Mass at our old church tonight. It's only a one hour Mass, and is 5 minutes from my house, so they won't be alone for long. But I hate that I made Mom miss Mass. She was very sweet about it, though. Missing my High TLM to go to the hippy dippy John Denver Novus Ordo Mass will be my penance. :o\

The puppies are doing great. I've learned to open the back door before I let them out of their crate, so that they run right outside. Sometimes they didn't want to wait for me to open the door to do their business, so the little rug beside the door was being used for a potty. They have never peed or pooped in their crate. I'm so proud of them.

The little pansies don't like to stay outside in the heat for long. They run out, do their business, get a drink and play for a couple of minutes, then they want to go back inside. I've been keeping them out for awhile anyway so that they will get tired and sleep in the crate.

They like to explore, but if they hear or see something alarming, like a big dog barking in the distance, a siren or a loud bird, they will run back and push against my legs. It's so cute. :o) I'm enjoying them so much.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddies, especially my boys, Jason and Josh. It doesn't feel like Father's Day because Ron is out of town and we aren't having a big family cook-out today. But he will be home next weekend, and we will celebrate then. Ron, if you're reading, Happy Father's Day!

A prayer for my Dad and all of your dads who are no longer with us:

Lord, hear our prayers; in your mercy, bring us to your place of peace and light the souls of your servants, John C and the fathers of all readers of this blog, whom you have summoned from this world. Call them to be numbered in the fellowship of your saints. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

No comments: