Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Probably Crazy.

It's not as if I don't have enough living beings to care for, so I'm bringing these two little cuties home tomorrow! :o)

My friend K from Nine+Texans found them and their mama on the side of the road near where she lives and was looking for a home for them. Their mama is a golden retriever, but she thinks the daddy is a black lab. I think so, too. These puppies look just like our beloved Chooch when he was a puppy. (He was a big black lab).

K has already taken them to the vet to have them de-wormed, but they will still need a check-up and their rabies shots. She said the vet thinks they are 6 or 7 weeks old, and ready to leave their mama. They are eating puppy food.

We've considered getting another dog since Chooch's death, but I just never felt ready. I told Ron that if we did get another dog, I wanted to get two, so that they can keep each other company. Lately, seeing Kelly with Darcy and Banzai, and Mom with her Teddy, I would sometimes feel a longing for another dog, and when K posted this picture of the puppies and said she was looking for a home for them, I just knew they were supposed to be mine. I contacted K and she said I could have them, and I've been on Cloud 9 ever since. :o) I can hardly wait to see them in person!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So sweet. Just the other day I was thinking that I'd like to hold some puppies ~ isn't that weird?! Must have been a premonition. ^-^

Kalona said...

Now you can come and hold puppies as much as you want! :o)

Therese said...

oh Kalona they are gorgeous. Black labs are wonderful dogs and having two is a good idea. I think dogs need another mate just like us.

Sarah - Kala said...

Labs are our dream dog . . . for when we retire and have a track of land for them to go bonkers on. I think IA or MN will offer us that opportunity. We got Holly (york) because we are military and move and usually live in good sized house but little yards. That will be the same when we get into housing in the next couple of months. NO pets in this condo . . . says the owner, so we have to go visit Holly at our sponsor's. In fact, we're hoping to do so tonight.

Your newbies are ADORABLE!!!