Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Vigil

Ron and I went to the abortion clinic vigil again tonight. We met more friendly, sweet, pro-lifers there. Not one person driving by said or did anything negative, but many people honked their horns and waved tonight. It was extremely windy and I thought my sign was going to get blown away.

While we were there, my favorite priest showed up! It was such a blessing. He met and talked with everyone there, then walked back and forth praying the Rosary for awhile. Then he came and talked with me and Ron. It was so nice to get to know him better. I practically poured out my whole life history--I hope I wasn't too obnoxious.

Tonight the sign I held said "Hurting From Abortion?" and gave a number to call. I prayed for the healing of women who might be hurting from an abortion. Then tonight when I got home, I went to the 40 Days For Life website, and the devotion for today is about healing for women who have had abortions.

Here is the prayer for October 5.
Lord, during these forty days, we ask that with each day of this sacred vigil, everything in us that separates us from your perfect will would be pruned from our hearts and souls. In this blessed freedom may we experience a powerful anointing of your Holy Spirit. Filled with confidence and trust may we proclaim with the mother of Jesus, "Let it be done to me, according to your Word."

Kevin Burke
Executive Director, Rachels Vineyard Ministries

You can read the day's intention, scripture verse and reflection here.

4 comments:

Jean Heimann said...

Hi Kalona!

What a beautiful blog you have here! I found my way here via Rosemary at A Catholic Mother's Thoughts.

Please stop by and visit me. I would love to get to know you better.

aine said...

Kalona, I've lurked on your blog for a while, and had to unlurk to say thank you. We missed this weekend due to nasty illnesses, but know that we were there in spirit. Thank you and your husband for your support.
And yes, Father Kloster is the best priest ever. (My daughter's words) We feel so very lucky to have been blessed by such a wonderful and holy priest.

Kalona said...

aine, thank you for visiting my blog, and for delurking. :o) It has been our privilege to go to the vigil. Perhaps we will meet there one day. And yes, God has blessed us by sending Fr. Kloster our way. Hope you are feeling better!

Kalona said...

Hi Jean, thank you for visiting, thank you for the lovely comment, and thank you for the invitation to visit your blog. I will certainly do that soon. :o)