Monday, October 6, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
cloudy skies, same old view of the top of our mountain laurel and the live oaks and cedar tree across the street. Oh, there's a couple walking. The man looks like Santa Claus on vacation, white beard, red ball cap, shorts and plaid shirt. The lady is cute with dark hair and a black t-shirt.

I am thinking...
about how to get my car into the shop when I need it every day.

I am thankful for...
the new activity director at my mom's apartment complex, Betty. She is so sweet, and seems to be a go-getter. She's getting the garden club going again.

From the kitchen...
oh dear. What am I going to have for dinner? Ron wanted 15 bean soup and I forgot to put the beans on this morning. Guess we'll have that tomorrow.

I am wearing...
Black long-sleeved tee with lace inset around the vee neck, sleeves pushed up, those ugly blue and black plaid capris, bare feet.

I am creating...
the beginnings of a book collection for Reece. I bought a bunch more books at the thrift store today (and a pair of overalls for him). I still need to find some small bookshelves for all these books!

I am going...
to Costco this afternoon to renew my membership. We buy our gas there and it really does save money.

I am reading...
nothing but magazines and cookbooks right now.

I am hoping...
that these clouds aren't teasing us. We could really use some rain.

I am hearing...
the hum of my computer and high electrical sounding noises because I have tinnitus, the TV on downstairs because Ron is home today.

Around the house...
a sink full of plants that I watered when I got home, a clean downstairs, messy upstairs.

One of my favorite things...
Spoonerisms. One of my favorite sort-of spoonerism happened years ago when my sister and her friend went to a convenience store. Her friend asked the cashier for cigarettes that were "low in nar and ticotine." He said, "What?" And she repeated, "You know, those cigarettes that are low in nar and ticotine. Oh, I mean low in nar and ticotine!" Ha! It still cracks me up. I've probably told that story 100 times, no kidding. I just love it when people get their words mixed up.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Drive DIL and babes to their doctor appointment tomorrow, help Mom plant tomatoes, spinach and lettuce in her garden plot (we planted onions and a mum in there yesterday), figure out how to get my car looked at before I drive to Dallas next week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
















The princess and the court jester? :o)

Please visit Peggy at A Simple Life to see more daybooks.

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Nice post. A slice of life.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Rosemary. :o)