Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Busy Tuesday

Mom, Kelly and I are leaving tomorrow morning to visit my niece and her family and meet baby Jonah. He will be 5 months old on October 20, and he's doing great!

It's been a busy day, and I'm not at all ready for the trip, but we'll only be gone for two days, so I don't have a lot of packing to do. We'll be in the city pictured above. :o)

Reece spent the night last night, and we were up early this morning. We got ready to go to Mom's and realized we didn't have his carseat, it was in Ron's truck. So he had to come home from work to bring the carseat. We were late getting to Mom's, but she didn't mind and was happy to see Reece.

I took Reece home after visiting Mom (Josh was off work today), and Cyrise, Aubrey and I went shopping. We checked out the new Goodwill store that opened nearby, but didn't buy anything there. We bought Aubrey's Halloween costume at Burlington Coat Factory, and Reece's costume at Party City. Aubrey is going to be a pumpkin, similar to this one, and Reece will be a pirate. :o) I got Aubrey a Bumbo seat at Babys R Us. She looks so cute in it.

We stopped at Sonic for half price drinks during happy hour, and they had their foot long chili dogs and tots on sale for $2.99. We were hungry, so we got some of those to take home with us. We ate them at Josh's, then I came on home. Reece was mad because he wanted to come with me, and threw one of his ceramic jack-o-lanterns on the tile floor and smashed it. I think it shocked him to see it break.

It was 4:30 when I got home, and I still need to clean the kitchen and do some laundry, so I'd better get busy. I'm picking Mom up at 7:30 tomorrow morning, we'll drop Chuy off at Josh and Cyrise's (thanks, y'all), Kelly will meet us here at 8:30 and we'll have breakfast on the way. I can hardly wait to hold Jonah in my arms!

Prayers for a safe, uneventful trip would be much appreciated. Thanks!

No comments: