Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sunshine Saturday

I'm loving the autumn weather we're having!

I was out and about some today. I stopped at Taco Cabana on the way to Mom's and picked up breakfast tacos for both of us. I was at her place for about an hour.

Then I ran by Mom's bank to make a deposit for her, and got there minutes after it closed at noon. Frustrating! I'll do it on Monday.

I had an appointment to have my hair cut at 1 PM. I'm really disappointed with my cut. I explained exactly what I wanted, but it got lost in the translation somehow. :o( But my hair grows super fast, so I'll just live with it for now.

I came home and washed my hair, hoping I could do something to improve it, but nope. So I went shopping. :o) I got two pairs of jeans, a black top to wear with skirts, and an orange moleskin jacket. The jacket is different for me, but I tried it on and liked it and it was on sale, so it came home with me. I think it will look good with lots of things, including jeans.

When I got home Josh had brought Reece to spend the night. They were in the garage with Ron, who is doing some woodworking. Reece looked adorable in green camo shorts and a white tee shirt as he came running to me with a big smile on his face. We played in the backyard for awhile, I took him for a ride around the block in his wagon, then Ron and I took him shopping for new sneakers. We couldn't find the kind of Adidas his daddy likes him to wear, so we got him some cute Nikes. He likes them. :o)

We ate dinner at Popeyes, then went back to Mom's to take her night pills. She and Reece were delighted to see each other. He takes her hand and pulls her all over her place, exploring from the bedroom to her patio. She lets him examine whatever he wants. I finally had to put the Hummel figurines off limits because I was afraid he would break them.

Reece played for a little while when we got home, then lay down on the couch with me. I could see that he was ready to fall asleep, so I put him to bed after reading his stories. When he is here I feel that all is right with the world. :o)

No comments: