Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gorgeous Day!

I voted yesterday. Tomorrow, October 31, is the last day of early voting here. The early voting turnout has been huge. I stood in line for about an hour. The lines have been long all day, every day since voting started. Thankfully, it was a gorgeous day to stand outside. So my ballot has been cast and all I can do now is pray.

I heard someone on the radio saying that if only Texas votes counted in the election, McCain would win in a landslide. I haven't heard any of the numbers from the early voting, though.

I'm off to pick up Mom and Chuy. We're meeting Kelly and Darcy for a picnic and hiking on this beautiful autumn day.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love your website. I just happened upon it and am greatful to you for speaking out about Catholism and life. We must all stand united because everything springs from respect for life. God bless you. I will be waiting in line in Iowa tomorrow to vote for John McCain.

Kalona said...

Hi mom/grandma! Thank you so much for visiting my site and leaving a comment. It's always nice to hear from a fellow Catholic pro-lifer. :o) You are so right that everything springs from respect for life. Until we have that in this country again, I'm afraid for our future. Come back and visit again!