Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cancelled Trip :o(

That pretty plumeria picture is to make me feel better. :o) We had to cancel our trip this morning because I was feeling dizzy. I'm so disappointed, and I'm sure Mom and Kelly are, too.

I felt dizzy yesterday, but thought I was just tired. This morning when I got up, it continued, but I went ahead and got everything ready to go, thinking it would get better or go away. By the time I got to Mom's to pick her up, my head was spinning and I was having trouble walking straight. I checked my blood sugar at Mom's and it was pretty high, especially since I hadn't eaten anything yet. Kelly met us there, and we decided it would be better to cancel rather than go and have something bad happen, like a stroke. :o(

Kelly followed me home. We stopped at a drugstore to check my blood pressure, but they had removed their machine because they are unreliable. They suggested stopping at a fire station. We went on to my house and I took my Metformin, then Kel took me to the fire station. Two very nice young men checked my BP, sugar levels and heart rate. All were higher than they should be, but not so high that they were alarmed. It reassured Kelly, who was afraid they were going to tell her to get me to the ER. :o)

She brought me home and I slept from noon until 4:30. Still feeling a little punk, but better than this morning. I have an appointment with my doctor later this month.

Hoping to reschedule our visit soon. I was looking forward to our road trip and seeing baby Jonah. :o(

2 comments:

Therese said...

I am sorry you had to cancel your trip Kalona. Praying that your bsl and blood pressure settle down soon.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese. I know you understand about the bsl, especially. :o)