Thursday, October 2, 2008

Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels

O God, who in Thine ineffable Providence hast deigned to send Thy holy Angels to keep watch over us; grant to us Thy suppliant people, that we may always be defended by their protection, and may rejoice in their fellowship forever. Through our Lord Jesus Christ Thy Son, who liveth and reigneth with Thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God now and forever. Amen
(The Collect for today, October 2, the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels, from the 1962 Roman Missal).

I never see this picture without feeling comforted. It hung in our bedroom throughout our childhood, and I've always known my guardian angel is near. We may never know until we die how many times our angels have protected and guided us. I'm so grateful for God's gift of Angels.

Angel of God
My guardian dear
To Whom His love
Commits me here
Ever this day
Be at my side
To light and guard
To rule and guide.
Amen

PS: And thank you!

No comments: