Thursday, October 23, 2008

Little Pleasures

Our weather is gorgeous right now; very cool nights and warm, sunny days. I'm loving it!

Last week I was getting rid of clutter on my patio, throwing away old pots, trimming back leggy plants, potting up some onion sets, a pepper plant and a tomato plant. I picked up this succulent that a Freecycler gave me, ready to toss it because I don't think it's a very attractive plant. But I noticed a bloom near the bottom of the stem, nearly hidden by the rim of the plastic pot. I thought the flower was pretty, and so the plant saved itself by blooming. :o) I had given some of it to Mom, and when we checked hers, it was also blooming. I love little surprises like that.

Reece was here that day. He loves to play outside, but that day he was a bit grumpy because he hadn't had a nap. When I wouldn't let him pull the garden cart around because it was full of debris, he threw himself down in the grass and covered his ears so that he couldn't hear me. :o)




I took his picture and walked away, so he got up and started playing with his nice clean wagon. He makes me smile.

1 comment:

Therese said...

we are having lots of warm days and cool nights at the moment too Kalona although tonight is still warm so I think the weekend will be quite hot. This is my favourite season here. I love warm days.