Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Grandfather's Story

I want to share this story about what happened at the abortion clinic this morning. I wasn't there, but the local director of the coalition for life emailed those of us who are involved to tell us what happened.

...This morning a man came out of the donut shop across the street and when he drove his car out of the parking lot he came over to our side of the road and said "I just want you to know that you are making a difference." Apparently last year his granddaughter came to this clinic for an abortion and, seeing the prayer warriors on the sidewalk, changed her mind about having an abortion. He thanked us for his grandson Adrian. This is the second story we have heard in the recent months of a new grandfather thanking us for his grandchild. You see, abortion doesn't just effect the mother, father and child. It effects the grandmothers, grandfathers, aunts, uncles...and on and on. When your prayers go up to save a child from abortion you are also working to save an entire family from the tragedy of abortion.

To God be all the glory and praise! Keep praying!

4 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Oh just WOW! That gave me goosebumps! God bless you for all the work you do!

Kalona said...

Thanks, JoAnn. That story gave me goosebumps, too. We'll be at the clinic tonight. Prayers appreciated. :o)

Rosemary said...

Beautiful story. Yes, we must keep on praying. I'm teary-eyed. (And thanks for visiting my blog.)

Kalona said...

Hi Rosemary, thank you for the comment. I enjoy your blog very much.