Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Another Sleepy Monday

It's been a lovely day, except that I'm sooo sleepy. The meclazine is an antihistamine, and antihistamines always make me feel weird and spacey.

Mom and I went to Adoration and then out to lunch. A young teacher brought four children into the Adoration Chapel while we were there, two boys and two girls. They were dressed in their school uniforms and were so sweet! They stayed for about 15 minutes. Their are two kneelers directly in front of the Blessed Sacrament, and the children took turns kneeling there to pray.

Someone had taped a prayer request on one of the kneelers, asking adorers to pray for her daughter who was being influenced to leave her husband by "lesbans and dykes." (sic) I prayed that the children wouldn't read the note, or if they did, they wouldn't be able to understand it. In any case, I added the mom, the daughter and the "lesbans and dykes" to my prayer list.

Lunch at Crumpets was yummy, as always. We both had the quiche and fruit, which came with salad and croissants. And of course, iced tea.

When we got back to Mom's we took Chuy out and stopped by the garden to pick some of Mom's spinach. She had enough for a large salad. A couple more plots in the garden have been taken--someone planted some lilies and tomatoes in one plot, and there were hot pepper plants and herbs in another. Mom's little patch looks great; the onions look good, and there are blooms on her tomato plants. Tomorrow we're going to plant the lettuce that she started indoors. It's been too hot outside for it to germinate, but now she has lots of little lettuce plants ready to transplant.

Josh got off at 3 PM today because he skipped lunch, so I picked him up and he dropped me off at my house and kept my car. He asked if I wanted to keep Reece tonight, but I still don't feel right. I'm missing him so much, though! I hope I feel better tomorrow so that he can spend the night.

And now I'm going to go take a nap.

No comments: