Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Wednesday With Reece

The small town just north of ours has opened a new public library. Reece and I went over there this morning for pre-school story hour. I didn't get to look around much, but what I did see looks wonderful! I've always loved libraries.

Reece enjoyed story hour, but was more interested in watching the other children than in listening to the story. I didn't mind. He isn't around groups of children very much, and he was learning the ropes. :o)

Halfway through the story he wanted to leave. He had seen blocks and puzzles outside the door to the story room, and wanted to go play. So we went out and he played with the puzzles and blocks and watched the other kids some more. We were there until everyone left, and he still didn't want to leave the library.

I got a library card and we checked out a few books, then went to see his Great Gran. He was nearly asleep when we got there and said that he wanted to take a nap. As soon as we got inside her apartment, he went to the bedroom and crawled up onto the bed. I covered him with a blanket, he smiled and asked me to lie down, too. So I did and he went to sleep for over an hour. He's never done that before. It was so sweet. He woke up all happy and rested, so I guess he really needed that nap.

He came back home with me. His sisters had doctor appointments this afternoon, so I kept him until his daddy came to pick him up around 5 PM. I loved spending the day with him. We stopped at Taco Cabana and picked up lunch, then he watched a video, played in a big empty box while I cleaned up the kitchen and played with his cars. We were reading one of his library books when his daddy got here.

One of his favorite things to do lately (since the car trip to Arkansas) is to go on a "Bear Hunt." Last night we found a neat Bear Hunt video on You Tube. You can find everything on the internet!

No comments: