Friday, September 25, 2009

No Swine Flu Vaccine For Me, Thanks.

(I had to change the pig picture to something cuter; couldn't stand looking at the other one).

I am not getting the H1N1 vaccine, I don't care who says I have to. I had a bad reaction to a regular flu shot last year. After that shot I had a frozen shoulder for months. It was very painful, and took weeks of physical therapy to resolve it. Later I found out that frozen shoulder is NOT an uncommon result of receiving a flu shot.

This vaccine has been rushed through, and frankly, I don't trust it. The World Health Organization is pushing it all over the planet, and I don't trust them, either. I have a bad, uneasy feeling about the whole thing. I'm not into conspiracy theories, but the "population control" talk is scary.

3 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I will not and neither will our kids. Now, my husband is another story. I'm not sure he can turn down immunizations in the military. I always tell him to if he can. He took the nasal one this time . . . and I did avoid him for a week. I think setting a lone person back to their un-immunized house is a bad thing to do. One year he came home, I had no idea he had immunizations, and we were "close" and I got sicker than a dawg. I wanted to die. Can you get sick from someone who's been given a shot? Just a thought I have.

X said...

I'm not getting it either.

Adrienne said...

I've only had one flu shot. In order to shut my doctor up I had one a few years ago I let him give me one. As per usual, the flu shot I had didn't cover the strain going around.

I think flu shots are stupid and the swine flu shot is probably dangerous. No thanks!

All we're doing is promoting "super bugs"