Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Sunday

Mom and I were nearly late to Mass this morning because the parish festival is going on today. There were cars everywhere, and no parking spots to be found. I dropped Mom at the front door and drove around behind the church, saw a big empty spot on the other side of the street, swung the truck around and parked. As I got out of the truck and crossed the street I saw that I was parked in a tow-away zone. Oh no! There were other cars parked there, too.

The church bells started ringing and I decided to leave it parked and suffer the consequences. Is it wrong to pray that God will keep your illegally parked vehicle from being towed while you are at Mass? I was a bit distracted during Mass, hoping that if a policeman drove by I would only get a parking ticket and not have the truck towed. Wouldn't they have to tow all those other cars first? Maybe Mass would be over quickly (it was a Low Mass) and I'd be able to drive away before the tow truck arrived.

No one got ticketed or towed, thank you Jesus! The festival was going strong when we left. I hope my oldest son wins the $10,000 grand prize in the raffle at 6 PM. I asked Mom if she wanted to stay, but she didn't, so we went to have barbecue for lunch instead.

I'm having a quiet afternoon with the puppies. Ron flew away early this morning, and I don't even know where he went. He has several trips over the next few weeks, and he told me where he was going, I'm sure, but I can't remember which city he mentioned. Oh well, he will call me tonight and I'll find out then. :o)

I got up at 5:15 this morning to take Ron to the airport. Suddenly I can hardly keep my eyes open, so I think I'll go take a nap.

No comments: