Monday, September 21, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, September 21, 2009

Outside my window...
Bright sunshine coming through my west facing window. It's about 6 PM. The sky is pale, pale blue, the clouds are white billowy stacks.

I am thinking...
that I would make a good hermit.

I am thankful...
for everything.

From the kitchen...
the wonderful aroma of cheesy chicken casserole baking. It's only me here, and Josh didn't want the chicken I had already thawed, so I went ahead and made the casserole. I'll have some for dinner and take some to Mom tomorrow.

I am wearing...
blue capris and a white tank top, barefeet, gold ball earrings.

I am creating...
a bracelet, as soon as I get some penguins in the mail.

I am going...
nowhere! I was on the go all day. I stayed with Reece and Camryn at Josh's all morning while her parents took Aubrey to the ophthalmologist.

When they got back I hurried home and changed clothes, fed the pups and went to BAMC to a consultation with a doctor in the gastroenterology clinic. My primary care doc wants me to have a colonoscopy. After hearing all that is involved I wanted to run out of there and forget it, but it's scheduled for next month.

After the consult, I went to Mom's and discovered that she had lost another of her front teeth! After all the dental work she's had done in the past two years, after having several different partials made, after finally getting it all done (but not paid for yet), we're going to have to start over again.

Not only that, but Mom has reached the point with Medicare where she is in the "donut hole," so some of her meds are not covered by her insurance. I found out when I went to pick up a refill that usually costs only a few dollars and the pharmacist said, "That will be $278." There is an alternative to one of them, but her doctor has not returned my phone call to tell me if that will work for her. It. is. always. something.

I am hearing...
traffic sounds, the TV downstairs, the timer telling me it's time to take the casserole out of the oven.

Around the house...
Ron and I took the old Jenn-Air cooktop out before he left, and I have the new one sitting in the space, but it's not hooked up to the gas yet. When I get the money later this week I'll have a plumber do that part, and an electrician change the electrical outlet. It has electric igniters. I have my oven, microwave, electric skillet and crockpot in the meantime. I like the way the new cooktop looks. Now I want to tile the backsplash. :o)

One of my favorite things...
pretty antique plates.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
no specific plans; I think I'll just go with the flow.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
The old cooktop was stainless steel and black. The new one is white to match the fridge and dishwasher, and it makes this part of the kitchen look much brighter.

Please visit Peggy to read the daybooks of other bloggers.




No comments: