Saturday, September 12, 2009

Saturday Summary

Today, September 12, is the Feast Day of The Holy Name Of Mary.

Grant, we beseech Thee, O almighty God, that Thy faithful people who rejoice in the name and protection of the most holy Virgin Mary, may by her loving intercession, be delivered from all evils on earth and be found worthy to come to everlasting joys in heaven. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen
(The Roman Missal, 1962)

It's been a slow, pleasant Saturday. Reece and I slept in this morning while Ron took care of the puppies, so I didn't have to get up at 7 AM.

Reece went with me to see his Great Gran. We stayed there for a couple of hours because she is one of his favorite people in all the world and he never wants to leave. They played, we took Teddy for a walk, and I made Mom some chicken noodle soup and toast for lunch before we left.

Aubrey was delighted to see us when I took Reece home. She has the brightest grins in the world. Camryn also gave me some big smiles. It's always nice to get those sweet baby kisses from the little girlies.

Ron and I had leftovers from dinner last night for a late lunch (blackened talapia and rice) and watched a movie. Then he got on the computer to use the drawing program to design another woodworking piece he is planning.

I went outside to work with the puppies. They are doing very well with the commands "sit, stay and come." Now I've added "down" to the list, and they're doing surprisingly well with that one, too. They enjoy our little training sessions.

I got my book and some tea and sat outside with them for awhile (until mosquitoes started biting). They lay down at my feet and were content to stay close to me, giving me puppy kisses on my toes now and then.

I'm reading a Maeve Binchy novel, Quentins, that I picked up at the thrift store. I had planned to read it while we were in Arkansas, but had little time to read during our trip. The story revolves around a Dublin restaurant named Quentins and the people who run it. I always enjoy Maeve Binchy's characters and the way she tells a story.

Have a blessed Sunday tomorrow!

2 comments:

X said...

I have probably read every Maeve Binchy book but 'Light a Penny Candle' is still my favorite.

I am always sad when her books end because you feel like the characters are so REAL!

Kalona said...

Angela, I feel the same way!