Monday, September 28, 2009

An Evening Daybook

Monday, September 28, 2009

Outside my window...
Same as last week. Bright sunshine coming through my west facing window. It's about 6 PM. The sky is pale, pale blue, the clouds are white billowy stacks.

I am thinking...
that I should probably have something for supper other than Chex Mix.


I am thankful...
for everything.

From the kitchen...
I just got back from the grocery store where I did a little shopping just for me since Ron is out of town again. Milk, eggs, strawberries, peaches, havarti cheese, whole wheat crackers, peach tea (of course), frozen whole wheat waffles, Cheerios and some Oreos for Reece. And a little bag of Chex Mix.

I am wearing...
my favorite jeans, patched yet again with more butterflies, a sleeveless red shirt with white buttons, gold earrings, bare feet.

I am creating...
I got the penguins, but haven't started the bracelet yet. I have some designing to do first.

I am going...
I'm in for the rest of the evening and night. I took Ron to the airport this morning, went to Mom's around noon, stopped by Josh's to pick up my cell phone that I left over there, came home for awhile, went to the credit union to make a payment, and to the grocery store. Then I was out in the back with the puppies for awhile.

I am hearing...
my playlist music.

Around the house...
laundry is going in the washer and dryer, kitchen is messy, waiting for me to come load the dishwasher, my cooktop is still not connected to the gas. :o(

One of my favorite things...
clouds.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Tomorrow Mom has a doctor appointment, just for her bi-annual check-up. Sometime this week I have to get labs done to see if the new dosage of Synthroid is right for me. I'm buying another dog crate because my puppies are getting too big to share one.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
From my walkabout in the yard this afternoon.


Pretty clouds. We've had really nice cloud formations for the past few days, almost like they get at the coast.












Pretty lantana. This came up at the side of our house all on its own. I didn't plant it.















I love the colors.
















I can't remember the name of this plant. The leaves look like they are painted. It's one of those plants I didn't care about, so of course it's thriving.











The plumbago is blooming like crazy right now. More flowers on it than ever before.











Sister and Katy followed me everywhere I went. Here sister is hamming it up under the plumbago bush. She had periwinkle flowers all over her coat when she came out.






Please visit Peggy's site to see more daybooks.

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

Nice pictures. Last one is too cute!!! I will be over shortly to help you eat your groceries. That way I can eat healthy and you'll have company!

Kalona said...

Thanks, Sarah! That would be so much fun if you could come and help me eat my groceries. Maybe someday we'll be in the same place at the same time, who knows? :o)

Kelly said...

Heya! I loved reading this "daybook". Those clouds are so pretty - excellent picture. Also, strangest thing ever - I have the exact same lantana (same colors) growing spontaneously in my backyard past the garden gate! It's so pretty but watch the dogs because it's highly poisonous to them and, as I know, they love to chew on EVERYTHING. :)

Kalona said...

Hi Kel,
That is weird that the same lantana came up spontaneously in your yard, too. I didn't know it was poisonous! I've noticed that Katy and Sister don't usually bother the things that are toxic to them, like the grapes or my angel trumpet. But I'll keep an eye on them, anyway. They like to go to that side of the yard (where the lantana came up) to poop, so they're around there quite often.