Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Snuggling Down

It's a gray, rainy day (yay!) and a "cold front" has come through our area, so the temperature right now is only 70°. I'm loving it!

That's my umbrella drying on the porch.







I took Mom to the dentist this morning. The puppies had been inside most of the morning because of the rain. I put them outside just before I left since the rain had stopped. While Mom and I were at the dentist's office, another front came through and it poured. Fortunately, the puppies are able to stay fairly dry on the patio since there is a deck over it. They were happy to see me when I got home, though! I wonder what they thought when it started raining hard and no one let them inside. Here they are sad because I scolded them for jumping on me. Poor babies!

I always want to light candles and bake something when the weather is like this. Reece will be here tonight, so I might bake a cake or something for him this afternoon. I need to go to the grocery store, but I'm going to wait until he comes. He loves to go to HEB. :o)

The dentist kept Mom's partial and will send it to the lab so that they can add another tooth to it. They took the impressions this morning. I'm so glad that we found this dentist's office for Mom. They are so sweet to her. She was a little distressed about having no front teeth for the next two weeks, but she said it's worth it. I took her some of the chicken casserole I made last night. She had it for lunch, but we had to grind the chicken up to make it easier to eat.

I found out that Ron is in Atlanta, where they are having major flood problems right now. He is safe, though. My nephew lives there. I hope that all is well in his neighborhood. Ron called him, but got his answering machine. He travels for his job, too, so he may be out of town.

1 comment:

Sarah - Kala said...

Prayers for Ron and all in Atlanta. My aunt told me about the weather there this morning . . . first I've heard of it.

Your pups are cute!

HOpe your mum can get her teeth squared away w/out too much trouble.