Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back To Normal?

We're getting back to "normal" around here after being away, but I don't have much to blog about. I found this meme at Jenni's blog, One Thing. She linked to the creator of the meme, Linda, at 2nd Cup Of Coffee (new blog to me). Anyway, here's the meme.


1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?

Crystal Light peach tea.

2. What is something that people are currently "into" that you just don't get or appreciate?

Reality TV, twitter.

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel "ho-hum" about?

Latin Mass

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?



5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:

Toasted sunflower seeds.

6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):

Use lots of pictures, keep it simple.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?

I don't think there was an alternate name, but I like the one I've got.

8. What in your life are you waiting for?

If you have the money and opportunity to do what you want, don't wait for anything. Just go ahead and do it. I'm not waiting for anything. I'm just livin' my life and enjoying the good things that happen.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?

Books from Amazon, or cigars that Ron ordered.

10. Today--what song represents you?

This is how I am with Reece. Whatever he wants, he gets. :o)



11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?

I think I've been most surprised that there are so many other bloggers who share my lifestyle, opinions, values and that they are much smarter and more articulate than I could ever be.

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?

Reece (4 yr. old grandson) spent the night, and I was hurrying to get dressed because he wanted to go downstairs. So I just went into my closet and grabbed my most comfortable, easiest clothes to put on. They say that I put comfort ahead of fashion. I can do anything I need to do without worrying about my clothes, including walking Mom's dog in the rain, making her lunch, sitting on the floor to play cars with Reece, kicking an old soccer ball around the yard for the puppies, cleaning the kitchen and going to the grocery store.

You can copy the questions and code for the Random Dozen picture at 2nd Cup Of Coffee. She has a new set of questions up, too. Maybe I'll do those tomorrow. Thanks for the meme, Linda!

8 comments:

Quilly said...

I saw your name on Linda's Mr. Linky and HAD to come by. My nioece is named Kalora, and that's what my eyes saw on first glance. ;)

Welcome to Linda's meme. I just visited a bunch of really cool blogs from other participants.

Sarah - Kala said...

I love Patsy and Orbison music. I can see Reese has you wrapped around all his cuteness. He's a doll!

Kalona said...

Hi Quilly, thanks for visiting! I haven't had a chance to visit the other blogs yet, but I will when I have a chance. I like the meme.

Sarah, thanks! Reece does have me wrapped around his cuteness. :o) All of my grandkids do, but he spends more time with me than the others, so I probably spoil him more.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Wow, Kalona, these are some of my favorite answers. Thanks for participating. My deceased mother-in-law enjoyed Latin Mass. You're right; that's not very common. Love your shower song. I'm always glad to meet bloggers near my age because we are fewer in number than young moms. No grandkids for me yet; I'm in the in-between stage of teenage years and adult children.

jenni said...

Reality TV! Yesssss! TOTALLY do not "get it". LOL...

Loved reading your answers!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Just stopping by from Linda's Mr. Linky...it's great to meet you!

I completely agree with the Reality TV and Twitter answers. Don't get either.

You should totally go back and post from Linda's second list...it's fun getting to know everyone!

Linda said...

Kalona, I think you are brilliant. ;o)

Kalona said...

Lid, Jenni and Chel, thanks for visiting. It's been fun reading the meme answers and visiting new-to-me blogs.

Linda, what a sweet thing to say--thanks!