Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring Fever

Mom and I went to Adoration, had lunch at Quiznos, and then shopped for flowers today.

I bought these geraniums for the porch, and she got a really pretty dark pink Reiger begonia for her patio. I also got an Early Girl tomato plant and some Texas sweet onion sets. The warm weather has given us spring fever.

Ron says that when the mesquite trees bloom, there will be no more freezes. Well, they are blooming like crazy, and so are the redbuds and my sweet olive. So I think it is safe to plant.





Have you ever seen a mutabilis rose? There is one on the corner of a certain street in town, and I've wondered what it is for years. It's an old-fashioned rose bush that has blooms of three different colors at once--very pretty! Today at the garden center, I described it to the owner. He knew right away what I was talking about, and had sold the bush I noticed to the owner ten years ago. He said that he is getting some in at the end of the week, so guess where I'll be going? :o) From what I've read on-line about them, these roses are very tolerant of our poor soil and blazing temperatures in South Texas. I can't wait to have one in my yard!

No comments: