Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Summary

It's been a quiet Saturday. Reece and I went to Gran's this morning, where he once again rode the "alligator" when we were out walking Chuy.

I took him home about 1 PM. He was going to a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese this afternoon. In fact, the first thing he said to me when he woke up this morning was "Chuck E. Cheese," with a great big grin on his face.

I watched a couple of movies, talked to my sister on the phone, and did a quick clutter pick-up downstairs this afternoon. Too bad I didn't have a party to go to. :o)

Reece and Aubrey were here for awhile this evening while their mommy and daddy went to the grocery store. They're so much fun. :o)

Ron has been working on my cabinet in the garage. Here are a couple of in-progress pics.
The cabinet is made of red cedar (doors and frame) and plywood (back and sides). He has put it together without using any nails or screws. It's assembled with tongue and groove, sliding dove tail and dowel pins. He also made floating tenons pegged with hand carved square pegs, and used hand carved butterflies in a couple of places. (He had to tell me all those terms and what he did since I'm clueless about building things). It still needs a top and the glass in the doors, and he will put in 3 shelves and stain the whole thing.

You can see a little black walnut inset behind the handle. He likes to do little fancy things like that to make a piece really unique. I'll be sure to post more pics when it's finished.

I'm glad his hobby is woodworking. :o)

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is truly beautiful.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Linda. I'll pass your compliment on to my woodworker. :o)