Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mad As Hell

I try not to get too worked up about politics. It's bad for my blood pressure. But I'm not happy about this huge stimulus bill. I hate big government. I think that Americans are capable of solving problems without having the government hand out OUR TAX DOLLARS to greedy corporations. I hate the way they stuff all these "little porky amendments" into the bills. And I'd like to slap the smarmy smile off this guy:



Signed: A member of the "chattering class" who really does care about the "little, tiny...yes...porky amendments."

4 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I totally agree with you. God help this country - a bunch of self serving loonies! Well, I feel the Holy Spirit taught me this: self-service is the loneliest service. We have to act, but we have to pray, too. Pray the rosary daily.

aine said...

I agree with all that you said. I've been calling our senators and congressman letting them know that we want nothing to do with this porkfest. Done in haste and multiple generations of regret.

Kalona said...

Sarah and aine, thanks for the support. I've been praying and have emailed my own senators and congressmen, as well as those three RINOs in other states who supported the bill. But basically, I feel pretty helpless. :o(

Linda said...

I feel helpless as well. This country is full of self pleasers, and fear mongers. How can anyone defend the killing of babies in the name of stimulating the economy? sigh.