Saturday, February 28, 2009

Monkey, Monkey, Monkey...Car!

Reece was here last night, so I planned to spend some time working on numbers with him. Yesterday afternoon I made a banana game, a monkey line, and a craft project for him to do when he got here.

But it was still warm and sunny outside when he arrived, so first we played in the yard.

We had dinner when we came inside, and then he just wanted to play with his toys and watch monster trucks and Pingu on You Tube.

He wasn't at all interested in the banana game (you match 2 banana halves, one half with a number on it, the other half with that number of dots).

He was mildly interested in the monkey line, and did point out some of the numbers when I asked, and replaced a couple of monkeys that I took out of order.

And it made him start saying, "Five little monkeys jumping on the bed..." as he made the line jump up and down. :o)

(He always puts his hands over his ears like that when he doesn't want to do something or hear what you say).
:o)



He really just wanted to go play with his cars and trucks. The child is obsessed with vehicles. I guess I should adapt our projects so that they are all about cars, trucks and trains.









Today he went with me to Mom's. It turned cold overnight, and he didn't have a jacket with him, so I dug through the closet and found one that had belonged to his daddy. It was too big, but we rolled the sleeves up and he looked adorable in it.

He was ready for a nap by the time I took him home this afternoon. And I think I could use one, too.

2 comments:

JoAnnC. said...

Looks like a really fun day! I love reading about your homeschooling days...

Kalona said...

Thanks, JoAnn. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. :o)