Monday, February 9, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Monday, February 9, 2009

Outside my window...
pale blue, cloudy skies.

I am thinking...
that Maggie is in my way. I think she's been lonely because I've been gone all day, and she wants some attention.

I am thankful...
that mountain cedar (allergy) season is almost over.

From the kitchen...
raspberry iced tea.

I am wearing...

brown slacks, striped top (black, brown, tan, white and gold--tiny stripes), bare feet.

I am creating...
a shrine to the Infant of Prague.

I have been...
to Adoration with Mom, then lunch at Panda Express and shopping with her at WalMart for groceries and odds and ends.

I am hoping...

to win the lottery. Ha! It would help if I remembered to play.

I am hearing...
silence.

Around the house...
lots to do! I don't get much accomplished around here on Mondays because I'm with Mom until at least 3 PM.

One of my favorite things...
redbud and dogwood trees blooming in the woods in early spring when all the other trees are bare.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
making and mailing valentines, homeschool with Reece, making heart cookies with him.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Today is the Feast Day of St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop, Confessor, and Doctor of the Church. He was an eloquent writer and defended the faith against the Nestorians. St. Cyril died in AD 444.

From Wikipedia: Nestorianism is the doctrine that Christ exists as two persons, the man Jesus and the divine Son of God, or Logos, rather than as two natures (True God and True Man) of one divine person. The doctrine is identified with Nestorius (c. 386–c. 451), Archbishop of Constantinople. This view of Christ was condemned at the Council of Ephesus in 431, and the conflict over this view led to the Nestorian schism, separating the Assyrian Church of the East from the Byzantine Church.

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman to read more daybooks.

No comments: