Friday, February 6, 2009

Movies and Television

A couple of weeks ago I was engrossed in a magazine article in the family room when a movie came on television. It was The Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants, and I thought, "What a dumb title for a movie." But the remote was on the other couch and I kept reading my article and let the movie play, even though I figured it was a teeny-bopper movie. After awhile, the movie caught my attention in spite of myself. :o) It turned out to be a really good little movie about four young women coming of age. I admit it was a chick flick--I know Ron wouldn't have found it interesting in the least. I was surprised, but I liked it.

I know a lot of people don't care for cops and robber TV shows, but lately I have really enjoyed watching the series Criminal Minds. The actors are good, the stories and characters are always interesting. The show is about a team of FBI profilers who go around the country finding serial killers. I know it's fiction, but I find it fascinating (and sometimes scary). And along with the story of solving the case, there is usually another storyline running through the program about one or more of the profilers, so you get to know them better.

How about you? Seen any good movies or TV shows lately?

3 comments:

H F J said...

The new season of 24 is on so that's my show right now. :-) As for movies, I just this week saw Mama Mia for the first time and LOVED it... I also stumbled across this British-set light comedy from the early nineties, Relative Values. It was really, really good. I had to find it on Ebay I liked it so much.

Kalona said...

Thanks for chiming in, D. I've never watched 24, but I've heard so many people rave about it that I know I'm missing something good. My daughter gets the series she likes from Net Flix, so I may have to do that with 24. (And maybe Lost. I used to watch that, but haven't for the past couple of seasons, so I'm way behind). I like British comedy also, but haven't seen Relative Values.

Linda said...

I do like the Saturday evening Brit coms, but my tv is no longer receiving signal. The converter box is working for us and our rabbit ears. We don't miss the tv much though. Recently, we watched the dvd Cinderella Man. It was very good.
I am not familiar with 24.