Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

When I looked outside this morning, there was a surprise waiting for me on the patio. This beautiful flower had bloomed on a plant I got at a plant trade last year. I have forgotten the name of the plant now, but isn't the bloom pretty?

Reece spent the night last night and we had lots of fun. We played with his cars and trucks, a new puzzle, his blocks, play dough, and then watched Little People videos on the pre-school kids channel on cable. He also likes Pingu, but has seen them so many times that he was telling me what was going to happen next. :o)

We made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. It seemed as if we barely had time to eat, brush teeth, comb hair and get dressed before it was time to go to Gran's. He had fun there, but got kind of sleepy and cranky just before we left. He will probably take a nap this afternoon, though he is trying to give them up.

I'm going to Josh's later to watch Reece and Aubrey while Cyrise keeps a doctor appointment. She had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and is pregnant. Please pray for her and the baby, as she has lost three babies in the past. Our new little love will be born in June, God willing. †

7 comments:

X said...

I have St. Gianna and St. Gerard Majella on the job praying for Mom and Baby!

Kalona said...

Thank you, Angela! :o)

X said...

My friend Cathy swears by the handerkerchief she got from this site:

http://www.stgmajella.org/
all/stg_hanky.html

She is now the mother of a gorgeous baby girl named Mary Elizabeth.

She sent me the link and promised prayers for Mom & Baby.

Kalona said...

Angela, thank you and your friend, Cathy! I requested a handkerchief from the site for my daughter-in-law. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

X said...

:o)

Therese said...

praying for mom and baby here too. Congratulations to you all Kalona.

Kalona said...

Thank you, Therese!