Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Morning Prayer

I found this prayer online some time ago and have been praying it each morning. I thought I'd share it with all of you today. Trust in Him.

Morning Prayer

O Lord, grant me strength to meet with serenity everything forthcoming today.

Grant me to submit completely to Thy holy will.

At every hour of this day, guide and support me in all things.

Whatsoever news may reach me in the course of this day,
teach me to accept it with calmness and the conviction that all is subject to Thy holy will.

In all my words and actions, direct my thoughts and feelings.

In all unexpected occurrences, do not let me forget that all is sent down by Thee.

Teach me to deal straightforwardly and wisely with every member of my family,
neither embarrassing nor saddening anyone.

O Lord, grant me strength to endure the fatigue of the coming day
and all the events that take place during it.

Direct my will and teach me to pray, to believe, to hope,
to be patient, to forgive and to love.

Amen

2 comments:

X said...

So beautiful I am printing it out and hanging it on my wall - thanks for sharing!

Kalona said...

Angela, yes it is a beautiful prayer. I like your idea of printing it to hang on the wall. I think my days are more serene since I've been praying it.