Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good Night Cow Jumping Over The Moon

So yeah. On Thursday I had the ultrasound of my thyroid, and even I could see on the little computer screen that it was covered with bumps (tumors). The radiologist said they would send it to the endocrinologist, who will explain what it means. So I came right home and got on the computer to see what I could find out. To my relief, 90% of thyroid tumors are benign. It's that pesky 10% that worries me just a bit.

The print? Don't ask me; I just like it. Too much Goodnight Moon, maybe. It's by Lowell Herrera. You can buy a copy here for $7.99. It would be cute in a child's bedroom. Or is it scary?

Reece and Aubrey were here today while their mommy was at work, so we had our second preschool lesson, which went okay. Reece somewhat enjoyed looking at old family pictures, especially those of his daddy at his age. And he liked lying on a sheet of butcher paper so that I could draw around him to make a Reece shape. :o) First we did it with his Bunny, so that he would understand what I was doing. Then we drew his shape. Then, just for fun, we drew Aubrey's shape. We played with his new flannel board, but he lost interest in that pretty quickly. He loved singing and making the motions to "If You're Happy And You Know It." He loves music.

After they left I spent most of the evening dozing on the couch or watching TV, snuggled under a flannel blanket. It's cold here in South Texas tonight.

Have a great weekend, dear readers.

3 comments:

Therese said...

The shape thing is a great idea. I will have to do that with Tom and Amelia sometime. I am starting to think about their program for next year now since we only have 3 weeks left for this year.

Linda said...

19 mo old Brigid and I like your print; thank you for sharing!
You are in our prayers today.
peace.

Kalona said...

Therese, Reece liked seeing his shape, and the shapes of his Bunny and Aubrey. I left them all on one piece of paper and wrote their names and the date beside them, then rolled it up and fastened it with a rubber band. It will be a cute keepsake for mommy and daddy. We also talked about how we have a body we can see on the outside, and a soul we can't see on the inside.

Linda, I'm glad you and Brigid (love her name) liked the print. Thank you for your prayers.