Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm Taking The Plunge.

I received the Little Saints, A Catholic Preschool Program With Classical Disciplines by Cynthia Blum in the mail today. I'm excited to start using it with Reece, but I'm a little overwhelmed. I have seen reviews from several people saying how much work is involved in preparing the lessons, but I have time and motivation. I want to give my sweet grandbaby as much of a head start as possible before he starts school. (And I've always been a teacher at heart). :o)

I'll spend the weekend doing the prep work for next week--gathering the materials needed, preparing the games and crafts and trying to find some of the books and music recommended. I don't know how Reece is going to react, but he loves to play with Gramma, so I think he will love it. He is so used to being the one to decide what we're going to do, though, that I'm wondering if he will go along with my plans. :o)

I know I'm behind as far as the normal school year goes, but there's no hurry. He still has almost two years before Kindergarten. We're going to take this slow and easy.

The first week's theme is "I Belong To God." I love it already. :o)

2 comments:

X said...

I see St. Jean Vianney is already working hard on your behalf!

Kalona said...

:o) Yes, I guess he is, Angela. Thanks again for all you do.