Friday, November 28, 2008

A Family Holiday

I would never venture out on Black Friday on my own, but my sister Sandi likes to shop. She is visiting this weekend, and showed up this morning while I was making chocolate chip pancakes, ready to find a bargain. So off we went to the nearest mall. It was busy, but not as bad as I expected.

Sandi bought an $85 purse for $20, and an adorable set of clothes for Jonah. I got Aubrey a couple of cute winter outfits for Christmas and some new pillows for our bed. We didn't stay too long because shopping makes my dizziness worse, but we got great buys.

We had left Mom at my house with her great-grandkids, and when we got back she was playing in the backyard with them. She didn't miss us at all. :o) All six of the grands spent the afternoon and evening here, and it was so much fun to watch them playing together. They all love each other so much--Reece can hardly contain his excitement, and Aubrey watches every move the "big kids" make with a smile on her face.

The guys set up a backyard shooting range so that Caelen could practice shooting his BB gun. They had targets, a table and chairs and a pair of binoculars and happily spent the afternoon together. They wanted to shoot at the nearby shooting range, but it was too busy so they will try another time.

Some of us had leftovers, and others Chinese take-out for dinner tonight. I didn't have to cook, but there's been a never-ending stream of dirty dishes and glasses. :o) Cyrise cooked a big pot of beans, and we'll have that with rice tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will spend time with Sandi and Collin before they go home. While she is here, Lyssa wants us to help her with a "family tree" project for school. The kids had us draw names from a hat tonight, and we are supposed to do 3 random acts of kindness for the person whose name we got before the weekend is over.

That's been our day. I love the crazy, hectic, fun filled days when they are all here.

No comments: