Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lazy Sunday

It's been a quiet, lovely Sunday. We went to Mass, then to lunch at Olive Garden. I was hungry for pasta. :o) I had their new chicken carbonara dish and raspberry peach tea. Very yummy.

We got home around 3 PM, after taking Mom home and visiting with her for awhile.

I was on the computer and then watched television. Of course I napped a bit--I always fall asleep watching TV. Ron got on the computer, then went out to the garage to work on the cabinet he is making for one of his co-workers. He loves woodworking.

I ate the rest of my Olive Garden meal for dinner, then tonight Ron and I went to Sonic for a chocolate malt for me and a blended root beer float for him. On the way there I reminded him of when we first got married and would drive to the local Dairy Queen in Copperas Cove (he was stationed at Ft. Hood at the time) for a Buster Bar now and then. Here we are nearly 40 years later, still going out at night for ice cream. :o)

Ron gave me the Our Lady of Perpetual Help picture for my birthday a few years ago, and I found the perfect frame for it at Garden Ridge. It hangs in the hallway on the way to the family room. The weird angle is because I couldn't get a picture without a lot of glare on the glass unless I stood to the side. I love the picture and the story behind it. You can read about it here.

5 comments:

Kalona said...

Thanks, Angela. Sweet dreams.

Linda said...

Sonic has been our favorite sweet spot in the middle of the afternoon. I was saddened last week to learn that they are on the list of Planned Parenthood contributors. :o(

Kalona said...

Oh Linda, I sure hate to hear that. Guess I'll have to find a new place to get my chocolate malts. Yeah, their 2 to 4 happy hour was a good deal, too. :o(

aine said...

Chick-fil-A. Except on Sunday.

Kalona said...

Good idea, aine. There's one close by me, too.