Sunday, November 30, 2008

Heartache

My heart is aching tonight because Fr. Phillip Kim, the priest on the far left in this picture, died in a car wreck today. (That's my daughter-in-law being baptised).

Father Kim was the parochial vicar of our former church. He was ordained in 2004 at the age of 72, and was one of the kindest, sweetest men I've ever met.

I saw him a few weeks ago when I went to pick up my son at work, and told him I needed a hug. He gave me a big hug and a grin. I told my son as we drove away that Father Kim is one person that I really miss since we changed churches. My heart feels like I've lost a member of my own family.

Please pray for the soul of this wonderful priest.

Lord our God, the death of Father Phillip Kim recalls our human condition and the brevity of our lives on earth. But for those who believe in your love, death is not the end, nor does it destroy the bonds that you forge in our lives. We share the faith of your Son's disciples and the hope of the children of God. Bring the light of Christ's resurrection to this time of testing and pain as we pray for Father Kim and for those who love him, through Christ our Lord.
(From the Glenstal Book of Prayer)

3 comments:

louisjkim said...

Thank you for your kind rememberance. - A member of Fr. Kim's family

Kalona said...

Louis, you and your family are in my prayers. May God comfort you during this difficult time and give you peace.

Sarah - Kala said...

God rest his soul. RIP, Fr. Kim.

May Our Lady give you all the greatest, kindest of comforts.