Thursday, January 20, 2011

Funny Grandkids



Reece was with me all day today. His sisters all had appointments for check-ups this afternoon, so he stayed with me while they did that. We dropped Aubrey off at home on the way to Gran's.

We didn't do anything special, just hung out at home together. We did stop at Walgreen's for gummy worms. :o) We played hide and seek, Memory games, flash cards and watched a lot of Silly Symphonies. Oh, and we watched some Cake Boss videos, then Reece wanted to build cakes out of Duplo blocks and decorate them like Cake Boss. He's so funny. There is still a "cake" sitting here on my bed decorated with a cityscape.

One of the things our kids and grandkids have always done is repeat lines from movies or shows they've seen, and Reece has picked that up. Today, out of the blue, he said, "There's danger in them woods! Beware! The big bad wolf is lurking there." A few days ago he asked me what "lurking" was.

Once when we were at Freddie's with some of the grandchildren, Jacob stood up in the booth and loudly announced, "Soylent Green is people!" He was about 4 when he did that. He's never seen the movie, but had heard the phrase and had a t-shirt that said that.

They're all so much fun. :o)

It was still nice and warm early this morning when I put the trash cart out, but later in the morning a cold north wind started blowing and it got really cold. I've had my jacket on all day, and really don't want to go out again, but have to pick Ron up at the airport. In fact, I'd better get a move on.

No comments: