Thursday, March 4, 2010

This And That

Yesterday evening Ron and I went out to eat, then to Lowe's where we bought a gated arbor.

We took the arbor home, then went to Academy to buy a pistol.

I've wanted one ever since our home was burglarized, and because Ron is out of town often and I'm here alone. But they are expensive, and I kept putting it off. Then Josh called to tell us about one on sale, and I got it.

I hope I never have to use it, but I'm looking forward to learning to shoot it.

Josh and Reece went with us to Academy. Reece looked so cute in his jeans and Gap sweatshirt. He was so happy to be going somewhere with his Daddy, Papa and Gramma. We were standing at the gun counter, and he came up to me and gave my legs a hug, looked up at me and said, "Gramma, are you my punkin seed?" Oh my, talk about melting your heart! That child can do it. I hugged him and told him that yes, I am his punkin seed. :o)

It was a pretty day today, and I thought Mom might like to get out of her apartment for awhile. So we had lunch at Panda Express (orange chicken, rice and veggies--yum), and then went to Lowe's (a different one, closer to her place) and bought some flowers for her patio.

Our usual last freeze date here is March 2, so I hope we aren't jumping the gun. Mom was so pleased and happy to have her flowers. I didn't have time to stay and help her plant them today, but we will do it tomorrow.

She got pinks (dianthus), similar to the ones in the picture, for her window boxes that are on her patio railing, an apricot colored geranium for one of her pots, some purple petunias with white edges for her big bowl, and lemon thyme that smells heavenly to replace the herbs she lost over the winter.

Katy's ear infection looks much, much better, but I'm to continue cleaning her ears and putting the antibiotic drops in them until the end of next week. She and Sister both love having their ears cleaned. It's so funny. :o)

No comments: