Monday, March 1, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
It rained during the night, so it is wet outside. The sky is partly cloudy, the temperature is mild.

I am thankful...
for my sister, Sandi, whose birthday is today. She is an amazing, wonderful woman.

I am wearing...
still in my PJs.

I am remembering...
March in Japan, when the cherry trees bloom. Makes me feel homesick for Camp Zama.

I am going...
to the vet, to Mom's and to BAMC for lab work. Katy has a sore in her ear. I noticed that Sister kept licking Kate's ear, so I took a look and saw that the inside was red and there were a couple of raw looking spots. I cleaned her ear with hydrogen peroxide a couple of times, and it looked better, but yesterday it looked worse again. Kelly looked at it and thought I should take her to the vet, so we are going a bit later this morning.

I am reading...
Walden. Still having a hard time staying with it. I used to read a book in a day, but it's not happening with this one.

On my mind...
plans for Spring--the fence for the puppies, some flowers in pots, sprucing up the house and yard.

From the learning rooms...
still on the forest animals theme.

Pondering these words...
Today if you hear the voice of the Lord, harden not your hearts.
(Invitatory Antiphon for Lent from Morning Prayer)

From the kitchen....
Roast in the crockpot for supper tonight, apple dumplings for dessert.

Around the house...
the usual stuff--laundry and cleaning.

One of my favorite things...
Anticipation.

From my picture album...
After some internet research, I've discovered that the birds I saw in our tree last week were cedar waxwings. They looked like the one in this picture from the internet. Isn't he pretty?

Please visit Peggy to read more daybooks by bloggers.

(Peggy has moved the daybook from Monday to Tuesday, so I'll give you the link to the daybooks tomorrow).

No comments: